Great Hawk’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!
Memorial Day Weekend
Yes! It’s fast approaching!
We hope all our homeowners can make it to Great Hawk over Memorial Day Weekend
to partake in a litany of festivities which commemorate our bountiful community spirit.
We have come up with with a tentative itinerary which is subject to change,
depending on the weather, logistics, and the enthusiasm for each event.
Keep checking our website for updates.
We are looking for volunteers to assist in organizing or hosting some of the events.
Sat. May 25
(Google sign-up sheet coming)
Hiking Trail walk and clean-up
at Frank and Deanna Campbell’s House, Upper Sparrow Hawk Road
Sunday May 26
Bocce Ball Madness!
Matches at the Rec Field behind playground
(Google sign-up sheet coming)
Potluck at the Pond
Tent and tables (and horseshoe stakes) will be set up.
Everybody brings their favorite dish.
GHOA will provide burgers and dogs for grilling,
and beer, wine, soft drinks, plates, utensils etc..
Monday May 27 (Memorial Day)
Morning Coffee–Bagel Hour
Get caffeinated for your trip back to the city!
Great Hawk Board Meeting
Homeowners are welcome
You might find time to put your fallen branches by the side of the road
because the wood-chipper will be coming by the next weekend, June 1.
Let us know if you have questions or would like to volunteer. We hope to see you there!
Contractors: We are taking proposals for brush-hogging our septic fields and the field behind the tennis court. If you are interested please read our Request for Proposal.
Homeowners: There will be a Chip-off for the year 2019 on Saturday June 1.
1. Bring all brush up to the side of the road, very close and convenient for a truck w/ chipper to drive up to. Brush too far away from the road cannot be picked up.
2. Place the thick end of the branch toward the road. This makes it easier to feed the chipper.
3. Branches cannot be more than 3 inches in diameter.
4. Refrain from bringing in soft, rotten, or extremely wet branches. They gum up and render the chipper inoperable.
5. Carefully choose where on the road you’d like to place the branches, because the chipper will spit the chips back out in generally the same spot.
2019 GHOA Annual Homeowner’s Meeting
August 17, 2019, 10 am
Rochester Public Library (upstairs), South Main Street, Rochester, VT
- Call to order and President’s opening remarks – Norm Christiansen
a. Introduction of Board
b. Introduction of new owners
- Approval of 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes – Barbara Shenton
- Election of Board Members, each to serve a term of two years.
- Officer and Committee Reports
- Great Hawk Sewer System – Paul Gillis
b. Great Hawk Cooperative Water Systems – Christians Jacqz
c. Common Land – Norm Christiansen
d. Architectual Review Board – Mark Kassop (Clear Cutting of trees)
e. Tennis club – Deanna Campbell
f. Upper Sparrow Hawk Road (private road) – Frank Campbell
g. Secretary/GHOA Office – Barbara Shenton
h. Treasurer – Tom Grillo
- Membership vote on Proposal for FY 2019 Budget
- Old Business
a. New Business
b. Meeting Adjournment
Great Hawk Swag!
Get your custom Great Hawk stuff here:
Great Hawk is a private residential homeowners association along the mountainside off Route 73 in Rochester, VT. Rochester is a small town located in the Green Mountain National Forest in central Vermont along the White River Valley approximately 25 minutes north of Killington.
Great Hawk is one of six communities conceived by the well-known architect, Robert Williams. It consists of approximately 90 residential properties, common land, a pond, tennis courts and other amenities.
Great Hawk is convenient to many near-by recreational facilities, whether it’s hiking, golfing or bicycling during the warmer months, or downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snow shoeing or getting out on a snow machine during winter. Great Hawk is ideally situated in central Vermont with lots of recreational opportunities for you to explore.
About Great Hawk Homeowners Association (GHOA)
GHOA is a homeowners association is a non-profit organization protected by Guidelines, By-Laws, Covenants, and an Architectual Review. It membership are dedicated to providing all homewners with these protections, rights, and privileges to ensure a quality of living that is in harmony with its environment.
If you are buying or selling a home or lot in Great Hawk, please see this page.